Sunday, April 22, 2012

Hijab

I met an old friend,
a few days ago.
She asked me,
"what makes you want to were hijab?"


It makes me wonder,
what made me move?


Then, I remember a question from a non-muslim friend that ask me a few years a ago,
"Nadira, sorry aa, I just want to know, why so many muslim girls dont want to wear tudung? I mean, when you guys dont even want to listen to your god, your religion, how are we going to listen to you?''
If you're offended, im sorry, but this girl over here got a point.

Well it is almost 2 years now since I chose to cover up,
I must say and I wont lie,
That there are times when Im choosing my clothes,
I have these thoughts,
"La, it would be better if I wear it like these"
"I dont know how to match this colors"
"Ish, it wont be this hard if i dont wear hijab"


But these thoughts, are just, thoughts.
We're just humans, and there's satan.
If you could block them, ignore them, hold your iman,
InsyaAllah, you'll be able to walk out of your house,
in peace,
knowing you're one step closer to Allah swt.

And sayangs,
hijab wont change you.
You're still the same person.
With the same mind and dreams.
It is just a change in the way you dress up.

In fact, after awhile,
it doesnt really bring that much of a different.
Plus, you'll feel safe and secure.

What really matters is your attitude.
You way to bring yourself to the world.
Once you've covered up,
Everything else comes together, InsyaAllah
As long as you're doing it for Allah swt.

What Im trying to say is,
Hijab dont determines who you are,
but it helps determines whether you'll be able to go to heaven or not.
Give it a try,
It is not a burden,
I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment